Thursday, April 21, 2011

{ An "AW" Defining Moment }

Last night, I was winding down for bed. . . Watching Oprah (I love Oprah)
On her show there were two different stories about families, One who lost there child, and the other one who's baby needed a Heart Transplant to survive.
I couldn't take it, I started to panic, and think about what I would do in their situation. My heart was breaking!!! I wouldn't survive, if I had to go through something like that!!
I couldn't get it out of my mind, and I couldn't fall asleep!!
I NEEDED to hold my Baby RIGHT NOW!
At that Moment, I didnt care what waking him up would do to the rest of my night!

I went and picked him up out of his crib, carried him over to my bed. I set him in between Zach and I.
At first he was tossing and turning, he couldn't get comfortable, Zach and I were trying to hold in our laughs..... We couldn't!
Kypton popped up, and started laughing with us. Then after a minute, he would lay back down and wrestle around before finding somewhere comfortable to slip back into his sweet slumber. 
Then AGAIN....We would try not to laugh, but couldn't help it! 
Kypton then again, would sit up and smile, and pretend to laugh as if he knew what we were laughing about!
Back again he tried to find a spot to get comfortable, so he could go back to sleep!

I decided this time, it was okay to put him back in his crib, so he could fall asleep.
And I was okay to go to sleep!

I will NEVER take life for granted. 
I get so caught up in the routine of things, of making sure Kypton gets his two naps during the day.
And is in bed By 8. 
And all night trying to stay quiet, Not to wake him!

I made some amazing memories last night. 
Some good Laughs, that I really needed at that moment!
And guess what?? Everything was fine, He slept the rest of the night.

If Ever I need a moment with my son, I won't be afraid to mess up his schedule.
The memories are FAR more important!


2 comments:

  1. i love that family picture of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this cracks me up... I do this sometimes too! I sneak into karlee's room and just go snuggle for a little.. then she falls right back asleep. Yesterday I woke her up from her nap and brought her out to the couch and we fell asleep together.

    ReplyDelete