Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2001

September 11, 2001

I want to take a min. and write down my memories and thoughts from this day. Its a day I will NEVER forget. A day that will FOREVER be engraved in my brain.

I was in 8th Grade. I was just about to leave to go catch the Bus for school.  The TV was on like always in the morning, I glanced at it, and saw that some BIG building was on Fire. (At the time I had never even heard of the twin towers in New York)  Then as I was watching, I saw a Plane heading straight for another building.  I was shocked and SCARED.  I had NO idea what was happening.  As far as I knew it was an ACCIDENT.  I was young and would NEVER think something so bad could happen in this good country that I lived in.  But as the day went on my feelings quickly changed.  I knew something wasn't right.  I knew it was an act of hatred. 

I get to school,  its a different feeling that day.  Its kinda quiet.  Teachers are standing around the office watching the News.

My first Class,  Mr Vendetti's History Class. I remember watching his emotions. He was distraught. (He himself being from New York) his hometown being in crisis. 
We watched the News the whole class period.
Along with my next 6 classes.
I watched OVER and Over and OVER again.
The towers falling, people running to safety. 
Emergency Crews everywhere. 

I didn't want to watch anymore, I was soo Scared.
I just wanted to be home safe with my family.
I remember thinking that we were in trouble, that maybe we were going to be attacked here as well. 
I was terrified.

But as the days went on, I remember feeling peace and Unity. 
I remember feeling SAFE. 

Even Now 10 years later. 
I feel SAFE. 
Thanks to the MEN and WOMEN that fight for our country
For all the sacrifices they make for me and for my familiy!

THANK YOU!             

No comments:

Post a Comment